Hokitika - 18th December 2017
kuraCloud Hokitika is a major release with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
The big stuff
- Manage availability of lessons. Set a time and date to make a lesson available to students, and when to commit it, by course and now by section too. Need a tutorial?
- Manage sections. Filter students by section, move students between sections, rename, add and delete sections, make your lessons available by section. Need a tutorial?
- Beautiful new student progress dashboard for course administrators. Quick, at-a-glance data of your class. See progress by lesson, student or section, see lessons with grades released, and invitations accepted. Need a tutorial?
The smaller stuff
- Filter students by lesson progress, then export the list of emails, so you can identify and better support at-risk students. Need a tutorial?
- Quickly find students who haven’t activated their invitation and email them.
- Grant an extension to a student who has not started the lesson but has been committed.
The technical stuff
- The API has been shifted to a more robust and scalable infrastructure.
Gibbston - 16th October 2017
kuraCloud Gibbston is a minor release with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
- Moodle integration! To watch a video about how this works, click here!
- Students can now see the question when annotating an image in the Annotation Panel
- Student report pages now display better on mobile devices.
- Improved reconnection if you are unexpectedly disconnected.
- To avoid confusion, the Reset Student Progress button is now disabled until at least one student has started the lesson.
- View Student Work feature will now correctly display the student email on the student report page.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Frankton - 18th September 2017
kuraCloud Frankton is a minor release with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
- Image Panels can be made as small as buttons for greater customisation.
- Moved the “Clear Answer” button so it’s harder to accidentally click.
- “What’s New” now links directly to this page so all the update information is in one place.
- Improved the loading speed for your Instance.
- You can now export model answers, even if no student has started the lesson.
- You can now filter student accounts by section.
- A few other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Eastbourne - 21st August 2017
kuraCloud Eastbourne is a minor release with a number of improvements and bug fixes
- Course Admins and Graders can now view a student's lesson, including the ability to export the student's PDF report. This feature is accessed by selecting a student the Student Work card
- Authors can now copy and paste entire lesson pages and popups, including in between different kuraCloud lessons
- Improved authoring behaviour when inserting popups into lesson content
- Improved table question model answers updating of read only cells when edits are made to the original question
- Added additional filters to the Manage Student Progress card. Including ‘Students who have not started’ and ‘Filter by section’
- Added support documentation link to the API Access card
- Added the ability for Authors to see which popups are used/unused in a lesson
- Added Spanish as a new option for translated emails
- Fixed issue where un-deletable whitespace was sometimes added at the top of a Text Panel
- The Export Student Answers .csv file now contains a row that displays the correct answer and grading instructions for each question
- Improved kuraCloud Blackboard Integration
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
Darfield - 24th July 2017
Gathering Analytics: We are excited to announce that we've completed the first phase of expanding kuraCloud's analytic capabilities! In kuraCloud Darfield, starting from the 24th July 2017, we will begin to track user actions, to store as a data set for future analysis. Over time, this data will provide a powerful cache of information, helping you to create courses that are as effective and engaging for your students as possible. It also means that we can give you an even better user experience, based on your real needs.
Cambridge - 12th June 2017
kuraCloud Cambridge is a minor release with a number of improvements and bug fixes:
- Course Administrators will now have the ability to set a staff member that students can contact. Students will find the contact button in their user dropdown menu
- Students will now see a warning on the checkpoint and completion pages letting them know that there are unanswered questions
- We've improved our search filter! The filter will now search for words, regardless of accented characters
- Modules on the student homepage now display a tick when all lessons inside have been completed
- Labels on bar graphs have been improved
- Improved the visibility of popups and links in panels when superscript or subscript is used
Brooklyn - 15th May 2017
kuraCloud Brooklyn is a minor release with a number of improvements and bug fixes:
- Authors can now add written feedback for students on auto-graded questions
- Student work committed via ‘Commit All’ now shows completion tick on student home page
- Scientific notation formatting now available in Tables and Spreadsheets
- Authors can now set a maximum of 9 (was 3) decimal places in Tables and Spreadsheets.
- Enhanced visibility of longer, scrolling pages for students, by making the ‘More’ button more prominent
- Improved performance of the browser for graders when grading large lessons
- Greater control of page layout as a result of reducing the minimum height of the Whitespace Panel
- Improved visibility of popups and hyperlinks in the Table Panel
- Improved visibility of the Background Page icon
- The student, lesson and module lists in the admin interface are now always ordered correctly
- Improved the drag-and-drop functionality of the Button Panel
- Fixed bug where authors were sometimes unable to copy and paste aliases from a Minipage Panel
- Fixed bug where text panel line spacing changed after exiting and returning to lesson
Broad Bay - 3rd April 2017
kuraCloud Broad Bay is a minor release with a number of improvements:
- Selected annotation tool now stays active until another tool is selected
- Committed lessons now show a tick symbol on the student home page
- Ability to drag and drop Value Panel values directly into the Units Calibration Panel
- Two new filters are available in the Manage Student Progress card
Brightwater - 13th March 2017
kuraCloud Brightwater is a minor release with improvements to PDF generation.
Brighton - 27th February 2017
kuraCloud Brighton is a minor bug fix release.
Branxholme - 30th January 2017
kuraCloud Branxholme is a minor release which includes interface improvements.
Bradford - 19th December 2016
kuraCloud Bradford is a minor bug fix release.
Bowentown - 5th December 2016
kuraCloud Bowentown is a minor bug fix release.
Bluff - 25th October 2016
kuraCloud Bluff is a minor bug fix release.
Blackball - 5th September 2016
kuraCloud Blackball is a minor release that introduces the 'What's New in kuraCloud' feature for all staff accounts.
Bendigo - 8th August 2016
kuraCloud Bendigo is a minor release which includes a number of bug fixes.
Balclutha - 13th June 2016
kuraCloud Balclutha improves support for large courses by introducing a number of changes:
- Student sections
- Group grading
- Improved grading performance
- Minor bug fixes and improvements to existing features
Beaumont - 16th May 2016
kuraCloud Beaumont is a minor release which improves the reliability of Data Sampling.
Bannockburn - 11th April 2016
kuraCloud Bannockburn is a minor release which adds student ID support for Course Administrators and improved Stimulator detection.
Balfour - 14th March 2016
kuraCloud Balfour is a minor release which includes performance and interface improvements.
Blenheim - 3rd March 2016
kuraCloud Blenheim includes a number of new features and improvements including:
- Introduces the Scope Panel
- Changes to the Upload and Annotate panel
- Improved notifications for users with connection issues
Aylesbury - 16th December 2015
kuraCloud Aylesbury is a minor release which includes performance improvements.
Awhitu - 14th December 2015
kuraCloud Awhitu is a minor release which includes performance improvements.
Awatoto - 1st December 2015
kuraCloud Awatoto is a hotfix release to implement a minor performance improvement.
Avonside - 30th November 2015
kuraCloud Avonside is a minor release which introduces the Duplicate Page feature for authors.
Awarua - 17th November 2015
kuraCloud Awarua is a hotfix release that improves reliability of Student View for authors.
Awanui - 16th November 2015
kuraCloud Awanui is a minor release which introduces Table View Regions for authors and includes improvements to performance and reliability.
Auroa - 2nd November 2015
kuraCloud Auroa is a minor release which includes minor infrastructure improvements.
Ashley - 22nd October 2015
kuraCloud Ashley is a hotfix release with minor interface improvements.
Ashburton - 19th October 2015
kuraCloud Ashburton is a minor release which improves the loading of student homepages.
Arrowtown - 5th October 2015
kuraCloud Arrowtown is a minor release which includes improvements to performance and reliability.
Aramoana - 21st September 2015
kuraCloud Aramoana is a minor release which introduces Presentation Mode as a prototype feature and includes improvements to performance and usability.
Albany - 7th September 2015
kuraCloud Albany is a minor release which improves the reliability of email notifications.
Akaroa - 31st August 2015
kuraCloud Akaroa is a minor release which includes a small number of security and usability improvements.
Ahaura - 24th August 2015
kuraCloud Ahaura offers a number of new improvements and features including:
- Student View – quickly view courses as a student
- Fast Drag – drag files directly into kuraCloud to create new panels
- Improved panel and button layout for authors and students
- Student Resources – add downloadable files to lessons
Olympus - 20th July 2015
kuraCloud Olympus introduces a range of new features including:
- Lab Groups:
- Display audited student group activity to students and graders
- Unit calibration
- Reset hardware - troubleshoot hardware communication issues with ease
- Improved display of channel titles
kuraCloud no longer supports IE10.
Matheson - 29th June 2015
Matheson introduced the Lab Group feature, allowing students to work as a group and preview group lessons.
The Stimulator Panel for use with a PowerLab was also introduced.
Tekapo - 25th May 2015
Tekapo is a release which introduces a number of new features for users sampling with a PowerLab, including:
- Zeroing (including GSR)
- Introducing grading for the Data Panel
- Allowing students to delete data from the Data Panel
- Introducing support for example data in the Data Panel
- Read only Data Panel
Other features included in Tekapo are notifications for logged-in users (for example when kuraCloud is being upgraded) and revision comments for content management and sign-off.
Taharoa - 20th April 2015
Taharoa is a minor release which introduces support for graphing multiple series.
Rangitata - 26th March 2015
Rangitata is a hotfix release to resolve a rare issue with the rendering of images in popups and annotation panels.
Monowai - 23rd March 2015
Monowai is a release to add graphing and spreadsheet features.
Leith - 16th March 2015
Leith was a "hotfix" release to make improvements to the grading feature.
Silver - 23rd February 2015
Silver is a release which addresses a number of customer requests. Features will include:
- Deputy Course Administrators Role
- External marking: export student answers as CSV (e.g. for Excel)
- Module option to require lessons be completed in order
- Improved image performance
Avon - 26th January 2015
Avon is a minor release, which improves load time and performance of popups.
Kawarau - 19th December 2014
Kawarau was a hotfix to make further improvements to performance on low-memory devices.
Shotover - 16th December 2014
Shotover was a planned “hotfix” update, enhancing performance and usability with large lessons on mobile devices and iPads.